Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Slow cooker baked potatoes are awesome!

I tried something new in my slow cooker yesterday (I've had a passionate relationship with mine for over 15 years) and blew my mind.

My challenge is to have dinner on the table within 15 minutes of arriving home when I have to fetcheth the hubsandeth from worketh (the round trip drive is about an hour). The slow cooker is great for this. I have made many soups, stews and other dishes in it. Yesterday was the first time I'd ever made baked potatoes in it - and I'm in love, all over again.

Scrub potatoes. Pierce with fork. Drizzle with olive oil. Salt. Wrap in tin foil. Cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-5 hours. The consistency of the red potatoes were similar to a Greek potato - not baked, but not boiled, just right. For added flavour, I'm going to try some smashed garlic and spices in the pouch, and squirt some lemon on it when it's ready to serve.

Why have I never done this before? Consider me converted to the baked potato in the slow cooker now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment